Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Inventions on the Way

My first invention was the electric vote recorder. It wasn't successful at all. The little gadget blew up in my face , and another time it set me on fire. But I didn't let this misfortune stop me. I made the stock ticker work better, and I improved the telegraph. Those improvements I have always been proud of. But one of my most favorite inventions is the phonograph. I remember the day I was working on it. My "muckers" were guiding me, giving me the tools I needed. The last thing I did was tightly screw a bolt into place. Then I pressed the button and recited "Mary Had a Little Lamb". I pressed the stop button. I pressed the buttons to play back the messages, and it recorded back! I was so proud of the hard work I did. But I could never forget the work of my "muckers".

No comments:

Post a Comment